Friday, November 7, 2008

My Debut!

Mamagingertree serves as my inspiration for creating this blog. So, grazie mille (thanks a million) mamagingertree for putting the wind beneath my wings and introducing me to this new world. I often draft journals of our day to day life in my head, think about starting some kind of journal, and then never quite get the pen to the paper. So, since pen and paper aren't working for me and my computer is my best friend, this seems like a perfect marriage. I get my thoughts down (free therapy), my kids will have their childhood documented, and our friends and family can catch a glimpse of what is going on in our lives. Who knew that after all of these years, I might actually put my college degree (my first college degree, that is) to use. Never mind that I scraped by with a "C" (well, almost "B") average, I know I must have learned a little something while I was there. I can still see myself hovering over my Brother word processor trying to finish a story for my Magazine class, all the while fabricating quotes from my sorority sisters to make my story sound interesting. Thank you, University of Florida College of Journalism, and Granny for financing those four years.



So. . . .here goes my first shot at a blog. Hope ya'll enjoy it!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray!!!! Welcome to the internet Barista Momma!!

I can't wait to read all about your adventures. And I had a Brother Word Processor in college too. I used to type people's papers for extra money. Lightening speed typing is one of my hidden talents.

I am totally coming over for coffee soon.

Love you!